Somedays throwing punches feels great but there is something to be said about adding in knees, elbows, and kicks.
This workout was done with three people – one holding a kick shield for the first grouping, and then mitts for the second two grouping. You could easily do this by yourself though with a bag or with a partner. (just make sure the person holding for the combinations knows how to properly catch everything)
There are 15 rounds in total. Each round is 2 minutes and 30 seconds with a 20 second break between each round. You can break after 5 rounds or you can simply set the clock for 15 rounds.
Group 1: Focus on really hard kicks and punches. This is all out/knockout power. This is not non-stop kicks or punches. It is about throwing true power shots, recovering, and keeping the same intensity.
- Back Leg Roundhouse kicks
- Front Leg Roundhouse kicks
- Hard Left Hand (Jab)/Step Left/Hard Left Hook
- Hard Right Hand (Jab)/Step Right/Hard Right Hook
- Front Leg Front Kick, Back Leg Roundhouse, then 1/2 through, Back Leg Front Kick, Front Left Roundhouse Kick
Group 2: Have fun with the elbows. Work with landing them exactly where you want – and possibly stepping with them if needed.
- Jab/Cross/Left Hook/Right Elbow
- Jab/Cross/Jab/Back Leg Roundhouse/Left Hook
- Jab/Cross/Right Uppercut/Left Elbow
- Jab/Cross/Right Hook/Front Leg Roundhouse/Right Hook
Group 3: Add in the knees like you mean it. If you are working on a bag – make sure you stick the knee in the bag vs. grazing it.
- Jab/Cross/Left Hook
- Jab/Jab/Cross/Back Leg Knee/Back Leg Roundhouse
- Jab/Cross/Left Uppercut/Back Leg Roundhouse
- Jab/Cross/Front Leg Roundhouse/Front Leg Knee
- Right Uppercut/Left Hook/Cross/Front Leg Roundhouse