I am not sure about you – but keeping up with x, y, and z, learning about the latest this, and the newest that is pure exhausting. I gave up Facebook over a year ago (still happy about that), really fell off of twitter in the last few weeks, and even stopped posting here. Why? I am overwhelmed. I really need to re-assess what is important and re-focus. Anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed by everything out there? Heaven forbid I miss out on something…
Just as we all need a vacation from work, etc – I needed a vacation from blogging. I took a month off to think about what I wanted to do with this and my other blogs, as well as my presence on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
I have been thinking about the time I spend on Facebook and I blame the time I spend reading about x person needing y item in z game and I realized I do not need it and do not want it.
I have this blog, my company blog, my son’s blog and now the twin’s blog that have been also light on postings and I am going to change that. The time I once spent on reading garbage – will now be spent on sites that actually matter to me.
I will still be on Twitter and in fact will probably be more active on that, but it feels good to get rid of Facebook (especially since I heard W made it onto Facebook today).
Expect more old school Jappler posts in the next coming days, weeks and months!
- Thanks for all the bday wishes! #
- Please send positive thoughts this way. Pita (my cat) just got back from a three day visit with our vet and is not doing so good 🙁 #
- I would love to see this: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap100105.html #
- Day 2 of force feeding Pit. MKes me appreciate vets and vet techs so much! Fingers crossed. #
- Looking forward to the holidays…and actually having snow on Christmas! #
- It is official – GoDaddy has moved from "bad host" to "horrible host" #
- just because I work at home does not mean I am always "home" just like when you are at work, you are not always "working" #
- Gotta love the holidays…the grocery store is closed and the liquor store is open. #