All throughout my life I have always felt like a kid at heart. I still love the simple things in life, would love to get together with my neighborhood kids to play a game of “mud gutter”, and I still feel like I am the person I was in college….except I am realizing more and more I am not that kid anymore.
This year was a big wake up call.
- I began enjoying AM radio (something I always got annoyed by when I was younger)
- I look forward to going to be early
- I wake up early
- I have three kids
- I see some of my “teenage 80s/90s stars” now as parents of high schoolers on TV
- I have very limited time available for doing things I actually want to do (golf, fishing, etc) and look forward to the day I can do that…ten years from now 😉
- I remember my grandparents at my parent’s current age
Of course – there are also a lot of pluses about getting older, but for someone who thought they would never “grow up” – it is interesting seeing my perspective on live change.
Anyone else play mud gutter out there as well? I was the bus stop champ!