I have an assortment of clients – all who prefer to pass documentation back and forth in a number of ways: email, spreadsheets, documents, faxed, etc. Over the last year or so I have been using Google Docs for almost all of my client interaction/checklists/etc. Using Google Docs is great for a number of reasons and if you are not using it yet for your documents – please consider giving it a shot.
Why I use Google Docs (and you should too):
- You can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc without having to buy or support any software.
- You can always export the documents as text, PDF, Word, etc if you need to share outside of the Google Docs environment
- You can actively create documents with more than one person – in real time
- You can notify others when you have made changes
- You can choose from hundreds of templates
- Your documents are saved every few seconds, are on secure and backed up servers
- There is no software to update
- There are no Mac/PC issues
- The interface is familiar and clean
I could go on and on but before you decide to buy the next version of Office, etc – take a look at what Google put together – they did a great job!