Well – I have been holding my breath since the death of the Newton (10+ years ago) for something like the iPad and the day is finally here.
Will I get one? For sure!
Even the first version? Yes!
(Even though Ben usually gets screwed with version 1 of Apple products – my favorite all time Apple products have been version 1 (my beloved Blue & White, iPhone, Mac Mini, and the Bondi blue iMac)
Will I stand in line for it? Possibly – depends on the weather.
What do I love about it?
- I have been thinking about getting a new laptop for the kitchen or the livingroom – just something to have around to check email and look things up on the web. Now I can get something cool and cheap!
- I travel a lot…and with a 3 year old. My iPhone has been great for him (photos, games, videos) – this will be better.
- I can easily watch my favorite episodes of Modern Family now anywhere, any time – very easily – on a great display.
- The price. How amazing was that – to be completely shocked with the low price (usually Apple shocks you the other way)
- Ken will have some crappy complaint(s) about it and I will laugh and laugh as I enjoy mine and watch him get one a few years later 😉
I think Apple did a great job with the initial release and look forward to buying one soon! I really think this is exactly what my grandparents need as well (and my parents if they had high speed or wifi).