I have been gearing up to write a WordPress plugin for a week now in my “free time”. Since I will most likely write another plugin at some point or another, I wanted to document the resources I have found very helpful:
- WordPress Codex. This is a catch all for WordPress development. This site has also been very useful when developing themes.
- WordPress Coding Standards. Let’s face it. I love WordPress and I love standards.
- WordPress Plugin API. This section of the WordPress codex addresses the API (Application Programming Interface) hooks available to WordPress plugin developers.
- Writing a WordPress Plugin. This is a must read for anyone developing a new plugin.
- WordPress Database Description. This, as you would expect, describes the WordPress database tables.
I will write about the plugin details later this week once I will hopefully have some more time. It is catch up time now!