How many times have I heard that perfection is never achievable? Well, after countless hours (and when I mean countless, I mean over 60) I have decided to release the newest version of jappler.com. I have to still finish my IE CSS style sheet, but other than that, I am going to say that this is about 99% done.
I still need to figure out how to control the style on the archives and categories links, because they should be white like everything else on the right and left sides, but I have to say, this web design was a big step, and a monumental step. This is the first time I have designed a web site by first looking at how my blog was put together. I have only been using a blog for 6 months, and already it has had a great impact on my sense of design.
Some cool things to note about the new design:
- The weather script on the homepage….it is beautiful and quite a find.
- The fact that I basically took apart this mess of a page (WordPress), something that looked compeltely foreign to me a few months ago, and put it into my design without too much difficulty
- My return to the grey hues…I have missed it. (people who think it is gloomy can kiss my ass)
- My first “floating” web site, as in the content floats in the middle…something I have never done.
- So much other stuff, but seriously I need to get away from the computer.