Awhile back I changed banks (bank buyout/name change) and have been fighting with Quickbooks (2010) when I do my web connect imports. When I go yo “Online Banking” > Import within QuickBooks – I have the account I want to use open, but when the .qbo file opens, it goes to my old account (previous bank). This was driving me crazy and I finally decided it was time to fix this.
To disassociate an account/fix this issue:
- Select the Lists menu and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you wish to unlink from imported online transactions, and then select Edit from the Action pop-up menu.
- Click Online Settings.
- Click the Download Transactions drop-down arrow.
- Select Not enabled, and then click Save.
- In the Edit Account window, click OK.
You can then have Quickbooks use your new account name – especially helpful when switching banks, or if your bank name changes.
Once you have removed the association from the old account – to set up the new account to properly import the transactions – you just need to make sure the account window is correctly open (new bank name) before importing.
(Documentation taken from: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12320)