Here is a challenging workout that will leave you feeling stronger in just 36 minutes.
This workout focuses on mostly one sided exercises…and heavier weights. I broke it up into three groups so you have a minute or so between the twelve minute chunks of work. KB = Kettlebell
Three 12 minute chunks of work. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off each move. There are three sets – which you stay at each set 4x. Example. For group 1, set one, you would do KB swings, Jumping Jacks, back to KB Swings, Jumping Jacks, back to KB Swings, Jumping Jacks, one final set of KB Swings, and Jumping Jacks. (do each exercise in the set 4x).
These groups take 12 minutes. You can set your timer for 24 cycles with 1 tabata if you want to go straight through. You are at each set for 4 minutes. Set one = cardio. Set two = strength. Set three = core.
- KB Swings
- Jumping Jacks
- KB One Arm Clean Left
- KB One Arm Clean Right
- Leg flutters
- Sandbag/weight drag (in plank position)
- Single KB Squat/Press
- KB One Arm Snatch Left
- KB One Arm Snatch Right
- C-Curve (think hollow hold) heel tap
- Plank Hold
- Single KB High Pull
- KB One Arm Racked Double Lunge Left
- KB One Arm Racked Double Lunge Right
(Reverse lunge, stand up straight, forward lunge on one leg)
- Weighted leg raise into a sit up (lay on the floor with weights in your hands, do a leg raise, then as your legs come down, do a sit up with weights in hands, straight arm
- Quadruped reaches