I recently found an old fortune which I have followed for many years.
“Simplicity and clarity should be your theme in dress”
Blue, black, grey, Penn State.
Every once and awhile you find that one song you cannot seem to hear enough. For me –
“Dream With Somebody” by Tinlicker is that song and has been on repeat in my house/car for the last 5 days straight.
Check it out…
From the original to the latest – it is hard to believe the iMac has been out there for 20 years. I decided to retire my Mac Mini today after needing some faster processing power.
A few weeks ago I was looking for some fun shirts for my son who loves Seinfeld. I stumbled across Famous in Real Life and ordered a few shirts. (Kraymerica and Little Jerry (photo) for Evan – as well as Mandlebaum Gym and The Jerk Store for me.
Not only are the shirts great – they also have great customer service. After a wash – one of Evan’s shirts lost some of the ink – but with a simple email to the store owner – I quickly got a replacement. If you are a Seinfeld, Christmas Vacation, The Office fan – check these shirts out.
While doing some spring cleaning (mentioned yesterday) – I decided I needed to go through my files on my Google Drive™.
One of the most helpful things: listing all my files from largest to smallest. I found I had some really old (And large) files that I will never need again.
How to list files from largest to smallest:
- Log into your Google account
- Go to this URL: https://drive.google.com/drive/quota
Remember – if you decided to delete your files – make sure you empty your trash to ensure they are truly gone.
Having the ability to see the size of the files allowed me to easily go from:
Spring cleaning is not only for your home and garage. Every once and awhile I try and do some tech spring cleaning in order to keep things as organized and simple as possible. I highly recommend you do the same.
So what all goes into my spring cleaning?
- Applications: There was that one application you needed to open that one file from your friend…now that you have not touched it in months or years – get rid of it.
- Email: Do you hang on to all those flyers that show up in your physical mailbox? Exactly. Make searching easier by getting rid of these sorts of email messages. The chances of you caring about the big sale at Old Navy 3 months ago is slim to none. At the end of the day – I try and go back to my mantra – do, delegate, or delete.
- Accounts: I use 1Password to manage all my accounts (user names/passwords). At least once – go through and delete any old or unused.
- Photos: Let’s face it – we all take photos of the floor, blurry images, or something we only needed to reference once. Keep your image library trim by only saving the photos that are good and have meaning.
- Text Messages: Here is another place we tend to hoard information for no real reason. There is no reason to hold onto all those “ok” or “thanks” text messages. Delete them and save yourself the space.
Don’t be a tech hoarder – take some time to save what is important and get rid of the rest. You will be surprised what you find (I just found a recipe I completely forgot I asked for), hw much more efficient your searches will be, and how much more room you will have on your phone/computer and not to mention – more peace of mind.
Ever go to a site and really like the font but too lazy or not sure how to see what font they are using? Perhaps you are a developer and need to know the exact font size, color, and font family your developer is using so you can make sure everything is pixel perfect. Both of these tasks become quick and painless with the “WhatTheFont!” Chrome extension.
After you have installed it – you will then see a little “f?” icon at the top of your browser. By clicking on this icon – you are then able to click anywhere on a web page and see the font information.
This extension takes all the guesswork out of fonts for technical and non-technical people alike.
As a Penn Stater who loves ice cream – I pay attention when the Penn State Creamery introduces a new flavor especially on April 2 when the new flavor is called “Grilled Stickies”.
cinnamon bun flavored ice cream with sticky bun dough pieces and a cinnamon streusel swirl
If that description did not sell it – the photo did:
With that – I put my order in yesterday and look forward to getting that package in the mail.
While at the gym or teaching boxing – I like to make sure I not only put together a custom workout – but also a custom playlist to showcase my latest favorites. Here is my Spring 2018 playlist:
- Empyrean (Extended Mix) – Daun Giventi
- Bend Ova (feat. Tyga) – Lil Jon
- ALL THE TIME (TOVE LO FLIP) – Keys N Krates
- The Rhythm Of The Night (R.B.X. Euro Mix) – Corona
- Automatic (Marc Stout & Scott Svejda Remix) – ZHU & AlunaGeorge
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
- Cheap Thrills ft. Sean Paul (Henry Fong x MEGAMAOR Remix) – Sia
- My Cloud – Grabbitz
- OMG (feat. will.i.am) – Usher
- Broken – Paul Oakenfold
- Boneless – Steve Aoki, Chris Lake & Tujamo
- 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) [Peter Saves New York Edit] – Madonna
- Missing (Todd Terry Club Mix) – Everything But The Girl
- Good Vibes (Original Mix) – Kryder, The Wulf
- New Rules – Dua Lipa
- This Girl (feat. Eva Simons & T.I.) – Stafford Brothers
- What It Feels Like For a Girl (Above & Beyond 12″ Club Mix) – Madonna
I like to add a little new (My Cloud, Broken) with a few of my all time favorites (ALL THE TIME (TOVE LO FLIP), Good Vibes (Original Mix), with some songs that have stayed with me over the years (The Rhythm Of The Night (R.B.X. Euro Mix), Don’t You (Forget About Me). Regardless – if you are looking for something a little different – this is a good one.
Each spring break for almost as long as I could remember – my parents packed up us kids and made the drive to Myrtle Beach, SC for what was always an awesome week. Sure – we had that one day at the mall, but everything else was awesome. The beach, the arcade, the mini-golf, and the search for the perfect souvenir.
We would spend hours looking for shells and sharks’ teeth and anything else interesting that washed up on the shore. I loved every moment. The next treasure was always just a few more minutes of patience away. Last week I packed up my family along with our good friends and headed back to Myrtle Beach for the first time in over 20 years. Instantly I felt right at home and had a blast. The boys and I got up early to look for sharks’ teeth, Cora spent almost all her time with her favorite friend, and everyone had a great time.
On our way back from one of our local destinations – the Uber driver that picked me up had a shark’s tooth necklace hanging up from his mirror and he told me the story fo finding that when he 9 – some 50 years ago. With my luck – he was a serious sharks’ tooth hunter and averaged anywhere from 10 – 80 finds a day. He told me the best place to find them, the time, etc.
I could not have had a better Uber ride back to the hotel, and a better return to one of my favorite destinations.