If you are not comfortable with CSS or want to get a layout together really quick – check out the YUI CSS Grid Builder. You can easily create a layout, add content, and get the code in a matter of minutes. At the very least – this is a great starting point for beginners! Check it out!
I have recently been asked to create a tabbed interface for a few projects which does not require any page reloading. I am familiar with working with the Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI) and decided to use their tabview component to make this happen.
What you need:
You can easily “View Source” and use that as an example. The possibilities of customizing the “tabview” component are endless and can also be seen on jappler.com’s home page.
Moral of the story
Check out the YUI library, look at the examples and start using and reusing the code! This speeds up development and will make your life easier!
I have a busy few days coming up so I am not sure how much I can post. I decided to post a few random things that I find cool:
- I have officially gone through all my bookmarks and moved everything to de.licio.us so if you ever want see what I feel is bookmarkable…take a look. This is potentially really cool because you could get a RSS feed of all my bookmarks to see my latest additions or you could get a RSS feed of a specific tag or tags that I use for my bookmarks. Pretty slick. I have also convinced Doug to use this service too so I can easily access all his bookmarks too.
- We welcomed a new member (nephew) into the family on June 12: Nicholas was born just before 2pm
- Kittens like Front Row!
- Ubuntu 6.0.6 is out. I am downloading the PowerPC image as I type…
- A friend just pointed out to me that you can do crosswords online for free at Chicago Sun Times’s web site. Yes, I am a Sun Times fan not a Chicago Tribune fan. No one understands this 😉
- I have been using a Safari plugin for the last few weeks and have forgot to mention it: Safari Tidy. This plugin is validates all the pages you browse for (X)HTML compliance. I am always interested to see who cares about web standards.
- Get your golf balls with custom imprinting!
- Tetris (with sound!) using the Yahoo! User Interface Library
[tags]random, de.licio.us, Ubuntu, crosswords, Titleist, Safari, YUI, tetris[/tags]