Last night, about 1-2am I woke up to alien like sounds. First there was some hissing, then some clicking, and then some noises that sounded like cicadas almost. I was very disoriented and had no idea what was going on. After waking A up to see what she thought it was, she told me it was a raccoon fight.
The noises they make are so bizarre – I cannot even really duplicate them in any way. I do not know how many were out there but it sounded like there were some fighters and a posse. If this happens again tonight- I am going to have to record the audio…it was so wild!
I wanted to share some interesting recent web finds:
- Zamzar. Convert your files without downloading any software.
- Yahoo! Food. Recipes, restaurants, videos…basically the Food Network done Yahoo! style.
- Super Mario Brothers Synthesizer. Everyone who played Mario will at least get a kick out of hearing some of the great sounds again.
- PDF Pad. Downloadable calendars, graph paper, etc in PDF format.
- Free NHL games on Google Video. Now if only my father had a high speed connection!
Fontifier. Now you can create your own handwriting font…using your own handwriting.
I have a busy few days coming up so I am not sure how much I can post. I decided to post a few random things that I find cool:
- I have officially gone through all my bookmarks and moved everything to de.licio.us so if you ever want see what I feel is bookmarkable…take a look. This is potentially really cool because you could get a RSS feed of all my bookmarks to see my latest additions or you could get a RSS feed of a specific tag or tags that I use for my bookmarks. Pretty slick. I have also convinced Doug to use this service too so I can easily access all his bookmarks too.
- We welcomed a new member (nephew) into the family on June 12: Nicholas was born just before 2pm
- Kittens like Front Row!
- Ubuntu 6.0.6 is out. I am downloading the PowerPC image as I type…
- A friend just pointed out to me that you can do crosswords online for free at Chicago Sun Times’s web site. Yes, I am a Sun Times fan not a Chicago Tribune fan. No one understands this 😉
- I have been using a Safari plugin for the last few weeks and have forgot to mention it: Safari Tidy. This plugin is validates all the pages you browse for (X)HTML compliance. I am always interested to see who cares about web standards.
- Get your golf balls with custom imprinting!
- Tetris (with sound!) using the Yahoo! User Interface Library
[tags]random, de.licio.us, Ubuntu, crosswords, Titleist, Safari, YUI, tetris[/tags]