This morning I had to send over a PDF file to the printer and they wanted my color version in greyscale. To create a greyscale version of a PDF there are a few steps you need to follow:
- Go to the File menu and click “Print”. Once you are there – click on the PDF button (see screenshot) and select “Open PDF in Preview”
- Within Preview (the application) go to the File menu and select “Save…”. When the dialog box opens, you will see an option called “Quartz Filter”. In that drop down menu, choose “Gray Tone”.
- Save the PDF and then you can open it and see your new gray scale PDF
You also have the option in the “Quartz Filter” to save it as a black and white PDF, adjust lightness, etc.
I wanted to share some interesting recent web finds:
- Zamzar. Convert your files without downloading any software.
- Yahoo! Food. Recipes, restaurants, videos…basically the Food Network done Yahoo! style.
- Super Mario Brothers Synthesizer. Everyone who played Mario will at least get a kick out of hearing some of the great sounds again.
- PDF Pad. Downloadable calendars, graph paper, etc in PDF format.
- Free NHL games on Google Video. Now if only my father had a high speed connection!
Fontifier. Now you can create your own handwriting font…using your own handwriting.