I did not have too much time to post this week, but I did find some interesting sites to share:
Here are some links I found interesting over the last week.
- Wii Sports Resort I am really looking forward to this. Archery, basketball, table tennis, and more. Get ready!
- AD Gallery Wow – another great jQuery gallery plugin. This combines all of my favorite functionalities in one.
- Import your WordPress blog into Facebook Hmm, I know at least one person who might like this.
Here are some links that I have found interesting over the last week or two – and hopefully you will as well.
- Hulu collection of Michael Jackson’s memorial Missed the broadcast of his memorial service or just want to see the best parts? Check this out in minutes, not hours. RIP Michael.
- WordPress Console Check your WordPress code, play with WordPress functions, etc all within a “console”. Perfect for the theme or plugin developer!
- Paul Oakenfold’s Podcast All the sudden I realized it had been too long since I listened to one of my favorite DJs of all time. Now I get new music from him on a regular basis!
- MIT develops camera-like fabric Wow – this is pretty darn cool.
This week flew by – but I actually found a number of links very interesting over the last seven days.
- Chicagoland fishing information and reports
- How to ditch cable but still have quality TV programming options (thanks @htoddcarter)
- TV.com – TiVO again and again proves it is the coolest thing around. You can find shows available on TV.com and send them to your TiVo.
- ESPN 360 – Oh my – I am so close to canceling my $100+ a month cable. This becomes available for Comcast high speed internet subscribers on August 1. If it proves to work well for two weeks worth of programming – look out!
This has been a hectic week, but there are sites I wanted to highlight.
- Marry Bop Dump This is a web site I have been working on with a friend of mine (Brett). Our goal was to make an addicting rating web site where you could upload your own photo and see how you rate. Once we have a good assortment of pictures – we then have additional plans 😉 If you have any feedback – we would appreciate it.
- Happy Tiffin Lunch Boxes Wow – these are super cool. I am definitely going to get one for Amy next year when school starts. If you bring a lunch – check this out!
- jQuery Tools Check out “the missing UI library for the web”. Very slick!
There is only one link today – and that is to the video The Controverse 44. I have been watching Amanda Congdon for a few years now and finally decided to chime in on a question about the show “Jon and Kate Plus 8″…and she actually read my comment during the show (Twitter: superjank) Rock on!
Here are a few links from the past week that I found interesting:
- Fancast Another great web site where you can watch a surprising number of TV shows/movies online. Remind me again why my cable bill is more than my parent’s 15 year mortgage?
- Rocket Mania This flash version is great for a quick break. I used to be completely addicted to this game when I had my Palm Treo and Blackberry.
- Apple’s Recycling Information Got an old cell phone (or a pile of them) that you want to recycle? Apple will take any model/brand and recycle it for you. They will also recycle your old displays/computers when you buy a new one.
For this installment of linkfest Thursday – check out the sites I have found in the last few days:
- Colors Palette Generator If you are looking to create a color palette and you want to use certain colors from an image – this is the place to go. You can upload any image and it will create a color palette based on those colors. Slick!
- Repair mission to the Hubble Space Telescope Check out these mind blowing (because they are so crisp and clear) photos of the repair work of the Hubble Telescope
- The Best Article Every Day This is not a new site – but I wanted to highlight it because it is still one of my favorites. If you are using RSS – add it to your list. If you are not using RSS – you must still be back in 2003.
- Free Social Network Icons and Bullets Need icons? Find them here.
Here are some interesting links I have found in the last week or so.
- Hulu Most of you have heard of it, but if you have not checked it out yet – take a look. You will be impressed. No more excuses – just take a few minutes and check it out.
- Watchismo – I never realized how much I liked watches until I looked at their inventory. Check out their clocks too. Super cool!
- MapMyWalk Colby and I walk around 2 miles every day. This tool makes it easy to map out a new trek.
- Glassy Eyes Tired of paying an arm and a leg for glasses? Check out the online deals here.
- LEGO Club Magazine I love LEGOs – and yet never realized there was a magazine devoted to them (I should have known better).