I have a busy few days coming up so I am not sure how much I can post. I decided to post a few random things that I find cool:
- I have officially gone through all my bookmarks and moved everything to de.licio.us so if you ever want see what I feel is bookmarkable…take a look. This is potentially really cool because you could get a RSS feed of all my bookmarks to see my latest additions or you could get a RSS feed of a specific tag or tags that I use for my bookmarks. Pretty slick. I have also convinced Doug to use this service too so I can easily access all his bookmarks too.
- We welcomed a new member (nephew) into the family on June 12: Nicholas was born just before 2pm
- Kittens like Front Row!
- Ubuntu 6.0.6 is out. I am downloading the PowerPC image as I type…
- A friend just pointed out to me that you can do crosswords online for free at Chicago Sun Times’s web site. Yes, I am a Sun Times fan not a Chicago Tribune fan. No one understands this 😉
- I have been using a Safari plugin for the last few weeks and have forgot to mention it: Safari Tidy. This plugin is validates all the pages you browse for (X)HTML compliance. I am always interested to see who cares about web standards.
- Get your golf balls with custom imprinting!
- Tetris (with sound!) using the Yahoo! User Interface Library
[tags]random, de.licio.us, Ubuntu, crosswords, Titleist, Safari, YUI, tetris[/tags]
I have officially outgrown Safari’s RSS feed reader. I subscribe to around 100 RSS feeds and I need something better than what I have.
My short list of I would ideally like:
- Mark as read. I use roughly three to four different computers a day and looking through the same news items because Safari cannot tell which I read is a pain
- Browser independent. After deleting all my bookmarks in Safari (that I used to sync between computers) I am using del.icio.us with all my browsers. I am using Flock more and more and absolutely loving it…but I also use FireFox, Safari, and Camino. I do not want to depend on one browser
I am going to take a look at Alex King’s FeedLounge as I know Alex makes quality products. Any other reader suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[tags]RSS, Safari,del.icio.us, Flock, FeedLounge[/tags]
I downloaded Flock (web browser) a few months ago and used it on occasion, but never really spent any time with it…until last night. Since I blog daily, I thought it might be cool to check out some of blogging tools that are built into Flock. I really like the “drag stuff to blog it!” option so when I see something cool I want to blog about I can drag text or images to the box and it automatically creates a link to whatever in a new jappler.com blog post. Pretty sweet. If you can drag and drop, you can upload pictures to Flickr. All you need to do is drag any pictures you want to upload to the grey area at the top of the browser window. Pretty slick x2! Flock also has another great feature…it can import your del.icio.us or Shadows bookmarks and then syncs your local bookmarks with your online bookmarks! Very cool.
Flock’s tagline is: “Flock is the free web browser that makes it easier to share and connect with your friends.” and after playing with it for a short time, I completely agree. If you are a blogger or are a Flickr user, you should check out Flock. Flock is currently available as a Developer Preview and is free. Flock will run on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows…so download it and check it out!
[tags]Flock, Flickr, del.icio.us, Shadow[/tags]
Last Friday I decided to finally check out FeedBurner. I am now using their service for my RSS feed, so anyone who reads subscribes to my RSS feed will notice some changes.
Now via RSS, you are able to:
- Email the post to anyone
- Add the post to del.icio.us
- Add comments
- Read Comments
- Check out related posts from Sphere
If you want to subscribe to my RSS feed, please do so by clicking on the FeedBurner RSS icon. I have also added an option to email readers when there is a new post in case there are some of you out there that still do not use a RSS reader but likes to keep on top of blog posts.
[tags]jappler.com,feedburner, del.icio.us, sphere.com[/tags]