After watching Sometimesdaily With Amanda Congdon – she playfully suggested using jars for drinking glasses to save money. As a big fan of drinking out of mason jars already – this episode got me thinking… Amy is always complaining about BPA leaking into our food when we use and reuse our plastic/tupperwear containers which I hate. This on top of the fact that we end up throwing away a lot of cool glass containers (we recycle them) – I decided to start throwing away (recycling) the plastic containers and to start using the jars for food storage.
Sure – some jars are better for storage than others, but I think this could not only be a way to save money/stop from using as much plastic – but it could also be pretty darn cool and creative. What do you think?
I have been enjoying Amanda Congdon via video for a few years now and recently she did an awesome interview about with an owner/builder of an amazing “green” house. If you have any interest in the environment and being more “green”, check out her video!
I have been a faithful Rocketboom video blog watcher for almost a year now. I was very disappointed when Amanda Congdon left the scene as the host, but I thought I would give the new host a chance. After a few months of watching Rocketboom post Amanda I have finally decided to stop watching it…I am not a joanne fan (the new host). On a more positive note, I have enjoyed Amanda’s latest video blog: Amanda Across America which has focused on interviewing truly interesting people who look to improve our country and world. If you have some time, or are bored, or have an interest for alternative energy sources, like hybrids, or want to watch something refreshing by a great and upbeat interviewer, check out Amanda Across America.
[tags]Rocketboom, Amanda Congdon, Amanda Across America[/tags]
Some random things to point out…
- Amanda Congdon is no longer the RocketBoom anchor…and just when I finally got Amy slightly hooked to this awesome vblog. Wherever she goes, I will be sure to follow. She is very talented!
- Diet/lifestyle update…I weighed in yesterday and actually lost a few pounds last week! That is from all the moving (I moved my home office to a different part of my home to further separate home stuff and work stuff) and IKEA assembly coupled with yardwork over the weekend. Now I just need to keep that up!
- I am putting the finishing touches on a re-write of my company web site that I have been working on for the last several weeks now. I still need to do some final QA as well as to validate everything…and fill the sitemap, but it is pretty complete so I thought I would put it. There will always be something to do. I have a few HOWTO blog postings coming up on how I did some of the things I did.
- What is the deal with gas prices?? The low-grade by me is now at $3.24 and climbing. Come on Volvo/LandRover…let’s get on the alternate fuel bandwagon.
- Speaking of Volvo…I got a letter in the mail from Volvo…I have to take my S80 in for a software upgrade. I love it!
- The upgrade to XOOPS 2.0.14 has been rocky. I am having some major problems with a few of my main modules (SmartSection, Protector) which produce blank pages. This is why I use a development server for testing before updating any of my production sites.
[tags]Amanda Congdon, IKEA, diet, Volvo, Land Rover, XOOPS[/tags]