I have been completely swamped with work for the last week, but I wanted to share some random points of interest that I have stumbled upon over the last few days.
- I sat down to relax after a long day of coding to watch a great show on the History Channel called: Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way Opium, Morphine, and Heroin. This was filled with awesome tidbits of information like:
- The Chinese first got hooked on smoking tobacco, then they added some opium to the tobacco…then they got hooked on smoking opium. Before this, eating little bits of opium was the most popular way to feel the effects of opium
- Morphine was used to treat alcoholism, and even though alcoholics then became morphine addicts, it was more socially acceptable at this time (around prohibition) than to be an alcoholic because morphine addicts were less likely to start fights or beat their spouses
- The hypodermic needle was invented to get morphine to into people’s systems faster
- Grant Lee Phillips, one of my favorite singers, released a new album this week and it is amazing. Anyone who is looking for a great summer album, be sure and check it out. (It is available on the iTunes music store.
- I am slowly bust surely getting through my PHP and MySQL web development book. I already have learned so much. I just need time at this point.
- I am getting ready to release two web sites in the next few days/weeks (content dependent). One is a “from scratch” web site, and another is a redesign.
- So far, my XOOPS 2.0.14 testing is going well. I have tested a handful of modules and will hopefully finish up all my testing tonight then push the update over to the production web sites
- Being swamped is one thing, but my goodness…Scott has his hands full.
[tags]History Channel, Grant Lee Phillips, XOOPS[/tags]