WordPress has a great feature where it will make thumbnails out of any image you upload when creating a post. When you have PodPress installed (a great podcast plugin), the thumbnails option disappears. Finally I got sick of this and found the solution. If you ever run into this – now you know how to fix it as well!
I ran into an issue earlier today where I could not connect to a SMB share after my upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5. After some research, I found a thread in Apple’s Discussions.
Basically…you need to not use “Connect to Server…” – you need to mount/unmount the SMB share via the command line.
Basic Mount/Unmount Process
- Create a directory (folder) where you want the mounted share to appear. I created a folder called “SMB” on my Desktop
- Type in the following command: mount_smbfs //[email protected]/remote_share /Users/useyourusername/Desktop/SMB in the terminal
- You will be prompted for your password, type it in
- You now have access to the files on the remote server in the folder you created – enjoy!
- Once you are done, unmount the server by typing in the command: umount /Users/useyourusername/Desktop/SMB
Hopefully Apple will fix this issue ASAP, but until they do, you now have a way to connect to servers via SMB.