I use Vonage for my home phone, and used to use it as my business phone but decided to go with a ATT with my business line since I thought I wanted to keep a traditional phone line in the house. After my last ATT bill, their hideous ATT business web site (where you are forced to use IE 7 and they use an untrusted SSL certificate) I have had enough. Vonage for all lines as of July. Why? Vonage is fantastic.
I like Vonage becasuse:
- They have a great, easy to use web site which works with any browser
- When I get a voicemail – I can get an audio file of the voicemail in my email notification that I have a voicemail
- The billing includes unlimited and is always $24.99 a month (for crappier services at ATT I pay over $100 a month)
- I can keep my same phone number
- When the electricity is out and/or my internet connection is down Vonage routes all incoming calls to my cell phone.
If you have been considering making the switch for a traditional land line to something else – I would definitely recommend Vonage.