Over the last few weeks I have found some really cool things I wanted to share…
- Architectural Artifacts. If I could – my entire home would be comprised of things from this place. Urban Remains
- Bracelets. If you know me – you are you know I would only post something about jewelry if I really thought it was something special. For those of you who do not know me – I am not a jewelry person at all – but these might make me one: Spectrum Bracelet Rainbow
- TV show. If you have HBO and you have not seen this yet – take an hour today and give it a shot: The Night Of
- Podcast. I first heard Claude VonStroke almost ten years ago and his podcast is still one of my favorite today. Claude VonStroke presents The Birdhouse
- YouTube channel. I am not sure how – but I get sucked in every time with: Oddly Satisfying Videos
When I first saw this show advertised I thought to myself “this looks like a great show”…and that was it. FINALLY I caught a few episodes and as expected – I love it. It is based in the 1980s from a young boy’s perspective. Growing up the in 1980s myself – the episodes I watched really brought my back to my childhood – with my tape collection and all great things from that decade.
If you have not seen it – give it a look: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs. New episodes will be available this fall.
If you have not heard of this and you are a runner or cyclist – check this out: LifePaint
Note – this would also be awesome to use on anyone playing hide and go seek at night – without their knowledge! In all seriousness though – this is a great idea and I hope it helps make the streets safer for bikers/runners.
Of the three cars I have ever owned, all of them have been Volvos. When Ford purchased Volvo back I figured it was the end for Volvo. Although I am still rocking my 2000 S80 – I have been thinking about what I would drive next. No Volvo over the last ten years really excited me and all of them seemed like some “high end” Ford that did not have anything that made it special. I was excited to see how Jaguar changed after being sold by Ford and was hoping the same would be true for my beloved car company Volvo. A few years ago, Volvo was sold and I patiently awaited the rebirth of their amazing car line. Thankfully, the wait is finally over. Volvo recently announced their new S90 which looks amazing inside and out.
For the first time in a long time Volvo announced a car that looks very promising as well as looks like a return to the Volvo I know and love. I am very excited to test drive it in the next few months and regardless if I end up buying one – I am glad to see Volvo back on track. Nice work Volvo and welcome back!
About a week ago I saw a hole dug by an animal under our front stairs. I thought to myself – I should really deal with that, but instead walked in the house and did not give it too much thought.
Two days later the skunk that dug the hole decided to move in under our front stairs and sprayed everywhere. Our house now stinks, we stink, and I have windows open in every room…while it is in the 20s. This just reminds me that simply ignoring issues is not the way to go. It is always better to be proactive v. reactive and we are now paying the price.
So – if you see an animal moving in somewhere around our house – take action right away…and if you are visiting us, perhaps wait a few days until pest control has this under control.
I cannot stress this enough to my kids…(and myself)
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”
― Wendy Mass, The Candymakers
One of my 2016 goals…
“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential”
– Bruce Lee
With only a week left before the big day – here are some of things that top my list this year:
- NES & SNES RetroDuo Portable Handheld Console V2.0 CORE Edition Black – I still have all my games. Time to start playing more John Elway football again!
- Wall Mount Uppercut & Hook Bag – I have some killer uppercuts and this will only make them better
- Astronaut food – why not?
- More Mexican Everyday Cookbook – I cannot eat enough Mexican food
- Old School Map – as a student I loved when my teachers pulled these down and used them.
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker – who doesn’t need it?
We found a newly retired relative of Colby and decided we wanted to meet him. Little did we know we ended up bringing him home the same day! He is a week off the track and so we have to spend some extra time with him teaching him about windows, doors, reflections, stairs, etc.
Jack (as in the color of Jack Daniel’s whiskey) is young – only two – and we will get more of his story in the next week or so. He was so new to the rescue we came home without much information other than his pedigree.
For his life so far – he has only known a crate as a home and never had so much free room like in our house. He spent most of last night wandering from room to room not knowing what to do. He is great on a leash, likes the kids, plays with toys, and is doing a great job with his big transition to retirement. I had to literally place him on his bed – as he did not even know what it was. (He chose the hardwood next to the bed for his place to lay down before I put him on his bed and forced him to lay down.) Rescuing a greyhound and teaching them life after racing can be challenging, but also very rewarding! We look forward to having him as a part of our family!