Ever go to a site and really like the font but too lazy or not sure how to see what font they are using? Perhaps you are a developer and need to know the exact font size, color, and font family your developer is using so you can make sure everything is pixel perfect. Both of these tasks become quick and painless with the “WhatTheFont!” Chrome extension.
After you have installed it – you will then see a little “f?” icon at the top of your browser. By clicking on this icon – you are then able to click anywhere on a web page and see the font information.
This extension takes all the guesswork out of fonts for technical and non-technical people alike.
While at the gym or teaching boxing – I like to make sure I not only put together a custom workout – but also a custom playlist to showcase my latest favorites. Here is my Spring 2018 playlist:
- Empyrean (Extended Mix) – Daun Giventi
- Bend Ova (feat. Tyga) – Lil Jon
- ALL THE TIME (TOVE LO FLIP) – Keys N Krates
- The Rhythm Of The Night (R.B.X. Euro Mix) – Corona
- Automatic (Marc Stout & Scott Svejda Remix) – ZHU & AlunaGeorge
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
- Cheap Thrills ft. Sean Paul (Henry Fong x MEGAMAOR Remix) – Sia
- My Cloud – Grabbitz
- OMG (feat. will.i.am) – Usher
- Broken – Paul Oakenfold
- Boneless – Steve Aoki, Chris Lake & Tujamo
- 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) [Peter Saves New York Edit] – Madonna
- Missing (Todd Terry Club Mix) – Everything But The Girl
- Good Vibes (Original Mix) – Kryder, The Wulf
- New Rules – Dua Lipa
- This Girl (feat. Eva Simons & T.I.) – Stafford Brothers
- What It Feels Like For a Girl (Above & Beyond 12″ Club Mix) – Madonna
I like to add a little new (My Cloud, Broken) with a few of my all time favorites (ALL THE TIME (TOVE LO FLIP), Good Vibes (Original Mix), with some songs that have stayed with me over the years (The Rhythm Of The Night (R.B.X. Euro Mix), Don’t You (Forget About Me). Regardless – if you are looking for something a little different – this is a good one.
Over the last few weeks I have found some really cool things I wanted to share…
- Architectural Artifacts. If I could – my entire home would be comprised of things from this place. Urban Remains
- Bracelets. If you know me – you are you know I would only post something about jewelry if I really thought it was something special. For those of you who do not know me – I am not a jewelry person at all – but these might make me one: Spectrum Bracelet Rainbow
- TV show. If you have HBO and you have not seen this yet – take an hour today and give it a shot: The Night Of
- Podcast. I first heard Claude VonStroke almost ten years ago and his podcast is still one of my favorite today. Claude VonStroke presents The Birdhouse
- YouTube channel. I am not sure how – but I get sucked in every time with: Oddly Satisfying Videos
I have been a faithful TiVo fan for well over ten years now. I have had my share of different versions and I have to say – no version has been more impressive than their latest release – the TiVo Bolt. It is responsive (really really fast), it allows you to skip entire commercial breaks with the press of one button, it makes recording your favorite shows easy (as expected), and makes me once again super excited about TiVo (vs. only excited with the older model I had prior). Of course there are a number of other features that now seem standard to me because I have been a TiVo person for a long time.
If you use your cable provide DVR – you are selling yourself short. The Bolt comes with one year of TiVo service included, a user interface which beats anything I have ever seen, as well as makes finding shows to watch enjoyable. Did I mention you can skip entire commercial breaks with the press of one button? 😉
Great work on the latest release TiVo! If you have ever considered moving to TiVo – this is the model to finally buy.
When I was a kid in the 1980s/1990s – there was not too many things I wanted to do more than go to an arcade to play my favorite games (Afterburner/Space Harrier to name a few). Recently I came across the “Internet Arcade” and love it! Finally I can play Qbert again too!
The Internet Arcade is a web-based library of arcade (coin-operated) video games from the 1970s through to the 1990s, emulated in JSMAME, part of the JSMESS software package.
If you are an old school gamer like me – check it out!
Focus on what is really important.
It is that simple. I was reminded this morning that a lot of people are not very productive and overwhelmed because they fail to focus on what is really important. Instead they waste a lot of time and effort on what is not important.
If you find yourself putting a lot of time and energy into something – ask yourself (sometimes multiple times) – “Is this what is really important?”
Example: people will get stuck in the “you said/I said” cycle and spend hours on that all while complaining that they have no time to do the actual task – they just get stuck talking about it. Know when to stop talking about something and actually do something about it.
The action is what is really important – not over talking about the action. Yes – this means you sometimes need to leave your ego at the door because at the end of the day your ego is never more important than what you actually do/accomplish.
Once again – I found a new song I added to my latest favorites playlist: Yellow Claw – Shotgun ft. Rochelle (Original Mix). If you are not familiar with it – check it out. I am always on the hunt for good new music to listen to while working or working out.
Running a business can be both rewarding and stressful. Over the years – my biggest stress is that I could (and still can) be the bottleneck with projects which then causes even more stress. Wildly enough – I learned one of the most important lessons that has helped me run a business from PTA training.
“When you get any task/communication from someone else – you need to do one of three things: do it, delegate it, or dump it.”
- Do it:This task is important now.
- Delegate it: This task can be done by someone else. Let me be more effective doing something else – knowing someone else can take this on.
- Dump/Delete it: This task is not important and I am not going to let it sit in my list of things to do/inbox.
By doing one of these three things each time with your tasks – you can easily get through your list of things to do while making you more effective.
While recently upgrading Redmine via Bitnami I stumbled upon the coolest set of themes/plugins for Redmine since I started using it back in 2011: RedmineCRM. I instantly moved to using a customized version of their Circle theme and am going to install a few of their plugins to help workflow over the next few days.
If you use Redmine and have not looked at RedmineCRM – take a few minutes and check them out!
Last year for my birthday – some friends bought me spices from: The Spice House. The seasoning was not like any other I had ever had – but I instantly thought “I want to eat this every day.” I love just about everything hot and spicy, but this taco seasoning – even though it was not hot at all – it was amazing (it is the cinnamon that makes it).
Next up? I am going to try making their pickle recipe.