After spending too much time and effort trying to remember passwords, save them securely, share them between computers and devices, I decided to ask a few people what they had used and tried some of their suggestions. In the end I started using 1Password. The application is available for Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
What do I like best?
- One click simplicity. After putting your credentials, you can have 1Password open your browser, take you to a site, fill in your username and password, and log you in – all in one click.
- Great interface. The application looks great on all my devices and makes working with it a great experience.
- Sharing made easy. If you need to share a password – you can do so securely via iMessage, email, and even shared vaults.
- Easy organization. Group, favorite, tag, search all your credentials.
- Data Sync. 1Password syncs your data across all my devices automatically.
There are a number of other great features that makes 1Password easily one of the best apps I have used this year. If you are still keeping your credentials, bank information, etc on random sticky notes, in a document, etc – stop the insanity, increase security and check out 1Password.